Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunbursting!

Good afternooniest of afternoons to you ladies & gents. I am scribbling these notes tucked safely between the warming teats of my day job. (Are you sick of my moanings about such yet?) where a typical post-mania pre-going home lull has descended across the office like so much black foam. People shuffle in and out of the kitchen, carrying cans of carbonated sludge in their giant meat-claws, sighing, breathing too heavy, pretending to do actual work of importance, nattering, muttering, coughing and on occassion, wheezing. Generally I pay little heed to these people (and they to me) but when the black foam rains down I find myself oozing into a sort of sadness for their little lives. My heart rips open and out pours a river of compassion. How lonely! How Sad! Also, at times like this I become exceedingly glad that I am me. Meaning, I have a way out. Meaning, my songs are like shovels that make underground tunnels and that burrow. My future sits before me like a brilliant orange magnet, pulling me out of this prison of doom and despair. When I think like this sometimes I break into wide smiles, sometimes the air tastes crisper. My co-workers have, more than once, looked over and muttered "what are you smiling about"? To which, what can I do? To which I want to tell them that I have my future firmly in my hand and I am stroking it gently. Only a matter of time my sweet, I whisper, only a matter of time.

Staying with that level of confidence for a moment let me offer you this: I know that I am currently alone and without a female mate. And while it eats at me sometimes, grinding through my guts, I have to say it doesn't bother me one iota. The glory will come and with it will come the fawning admirers. This is just the way this one is going to go down. All things for a reason.

Ah, everyone is shutting computers down, leaving early to hear the President speak. Me too. Signing off

Sunburst

No comments:

Post a Comment