Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dark Monsters in the Complex

Here's me this morning doing a version of the song! Yahoo! I am up and running people!!

A couple things: the stupid batteries were about to run low so not only did I have to rush the song - it should be steadier and smoother - I also had to make it choppier, if you follow that. Still, it kind of captures the sensations and other things I was feeling two nights ago. You'll notice how low my voice gets at the very end when I intone "we like to rock". That is intentional (as it's meant to be in the voice of those barbarians in Unit 8). Also I had do a sort of whisper-singing which meant to imply that I couldn't go full-volume. The walls are thin here and I try to honor that my neighbors may not desire to hear me or my process. I for one try to be respectful around here!

I have errands to run, so I should go. I need new batteries for this POS camera and new guitar strings. I feel like this song is the tip of the iceberg and I am just getting started and ready to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment