Thursday, March 5, 2009

**is this thing on??**

Believe it or not, here I am. I swore I would never have "a blog" or be one of those people who "has a blog" but the rising tide of the current culture has come for me and a tidal wave of it just crashed down and washed me ashore. So, without further fanfare, here I am! There are trumpets in the distance, heralding my arrival. My horse-drawn carriage is pulling up alongside you and the door is swinging open and I am inside, waving you in. Won't you come along on this journey with me? It may not always be pretty but I guarantee you that it will be interesting.

I intend to use this "blog" (sorry, still getting used to that word!) as a living breathing document of my progression into the twin frontiers of my ambitions: stand-up comedy, music. There is nothing I want more to do with my life than be a stand-up comic, except of course to be a musician. Maybe I can be both? (I know that is not realistic but the road to oblivion is littered with the bodies of those who went before and tried and failed.) I intend to upload my songs here, my works-in-progress, my comedic bits for you to judge. I will pull back the thin veneer-like membrane that covers the artistic process and lay it all out on a sterile laboratory table, like so many bits of viscera. Here I am, this is me.

2 comments:

  1. taffy--am eager to see/hear your work. am uncofortable with the idea of riding in your carriage, however. will follow alongside on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the journey Ms. Yvon! I am thrilled to have you along as we plunge headlong into the heart of my artistry!

    ReplyDelete