Tuesday, March 17, 2009

status check: alive and living

I recognize the inherent oddity in announcing this to you and myself but here goes: Taffy has been MIA for a few days. I entered a type of mind-swirl, bogged down by despair and good weather, which caused me to stray from the computer. Some things in life cannot be enjoyed with a computer and that's a fact. Things convene in one place and then present you with nuggets of contradiction. Think about that for a second.

Alright, I'm stalling. Out with it Taffy: I went for a walk down by the river the other day. It was glorious and happy with sunshine and goodwill but the path was strewn with diet sprite cans and beef jerky wrappers. Who could be in this world, this fine and sunburst world, and litter? It's unanswerable I know but it's a question that I refuse to stop provoking. Ah, I'm stalling again. Here it is: I am alone. I walked on this path and I am alone. I have so much love to give the ladies of this town but none of them, apparently, are interested. This is like an icepick to the face, or say being trampled by feral barn-rats. Which is to say, it hurts. A man with so much love and creativity to give with no receptacle is an aching gentleman. All I want is for a lovely creature to sit with me under a sprawling oak or a knotty pine on the sunniest of days, listening as I strum the guitar for her, as she feeds me fresh strawberries from the basket we've just picked. I want to be stroked and held and told that I am fantastic, like no other person or thing out there. That's it. Is that so much to ask?

This is all by way of saying that I have been marinating in these juices for the last several days. That is where I have been. Part of me knows this is crazy, all artists ache for a noble companion to shepherd. And another part of me just aches.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment