Friday, March 20, 2009

Droppings & Leavings

Ah, sweet madness, this life! I am here at work (ugh!) on a Friday - thank you merciful gods - counting down until I can go home and wrap my self in the sweet membrane of my solitariness. I've watched the Cuddle Me Ferocious video a handful of times and I always feel exposed, like a leopard out in the forest or something. Did I do too much or did I not do enough? It's a riddle without an answer. You must embrace this when you bathe in art. It's the only way!

Yesterday one of my co-workers (Steve Coggins, Accounts) happened by my desk as I was watching my own self singing. "What the hell are you watching?" he shrieked, which surprised me. I quickly minimized the screen and said "Oh, ha ha. I don't know. Just messing around". His face turned to stone and he said "Not on the internet I hope. On company time? That would be time theft". He stared me down. We were like two mudslingers at the OK Corral and a tumbleweed blew through us. This is it, I thought. I am now fired. Then his face changed and he started laughing "Oh, ha ha ha, I had you McKittrick! I had you! You think I care what you do? I'm on Facebook all day long". Yes, he had me. Whew, I exhaled a big one. I revealed to him that it was me singing. He couldn't believe it and had me send him the link. At the end of the day he swang by my desk again. I was a little nervous and shy about it and he could tell so he said "Hey my man. I have never heard anything quite like that. Ever." Which I took as the compliment he meant it to be. So that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment