Sunday, March 8, 2009

On the "Sunburst' appellation

I've had a couple emails already asking me "Why do you call yourself "Sunburst"?". This is a fair question and I'll grant you that. No one at my day job really is aware that I've dubbed myself that yet but it's only been a couple weeks. Put it this way, I am rebranding myself as a beacon. A shimmering light in these troubled and punishing times of harrowment. A whisper that is written on the wind or as the great Bob Dylan has suggested "My love she speaks like silence". Think on that for a second. My point being: there is an abundance of darkness in this world. It's filled with bad people and thugs and and those who live in apartment complexes and those who shop at walmart and eat doritos and those who have not yet realized that we are all one. Yes, I said that and yes I believe it. We are all interconnected beings, like a spiderweb of magnificence. This is why we need a beacon of light at this point in time. If I can make people laugh with my comedy then I am injecting them with brilliant bursts of sunbeam. If people enjoy my little songs then so be it. If that brings them more pleasure and relief than anything out there at all then I have done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment