Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Waffles on Wednesday: The Arrival!

Good sweet morning to you my friends! I have recently arisen. Today, as you most likely are not aware, I have the day off from work. This is a cost saving measure wherein once a week people whom are classified as 'support staff', such as me your humble blog creator and reporter-on-all-things-Taffy, is - are given one day per month to go off and enjoy themselves and boost morale. This is an unpaid day and has the further indignity of counting as a vacation day so HR is bleeding me of vacation while at the same time gift-wrapping it and setting it delicately upon my lap. Put another way: I am enjoying myself today!!!

I woke up and decided - after the furious glory of yesterday's post might give indication of - that perhaps I might side-step the usual breakfast intake (microwave burrito) and explore some of the other bounty that Mother Nature has plopped from her womb onto the planet: which is to say I had waffles!! So freaking good!!! I dove into a plate of them, literally. My face and fingers right now are smeared and dripping with maple sauce but I don't mind. How could one mind really especially when they had put something flacky and delicate into their body, listening to the beautiful rumbles and gurgles as it made its way through canals and corridors?

Also, it's easy to make. It breaks down like this - first you open the carton of microwave waffles, then you put it in the microwave, when it comes out you slather it with their homestyle maple syrup and a hunk of it's-really-not-butter. let it melt for a second and then dive your face into it! Literally! How on earth can the rest of my Wednesday measure up? Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment: