Friday, October 30, 2009

Office Luncheon: Halloween Version: Friday!!

Holy shitoly ladies and gentlemen I am fresh from the annual holiday lunch party at my place of employ (and by holiday I mean halloween) wherein Jim Coggins from accounting is dressed as a bloody accountant and Tammy Ledbetter from HR dressed as a bloody wraith that closely resembles Tammy Ledbetter from HR. Also, it's something of a potluck so right now my stomach is rumbling and gurgling in a ferocious manner because I have just injested cakes and pies and salads and little dainty ham-sandwich squares. Oh, and my boss's boss brought something that was a dip for tortilla chips that tasted fair enough but then I overheard the recipe ("2 cans of chili, one brick of cream cheese") which to my thinking didn't sound particularly healthy-minded and as I sit here and type these lines I am pretty certain that the layer of chili dip has settled to the very bottom of my intestines like so much black
deep-sea sludge. I, your humble narrator and blog-post updater, did not dress up and so was taken to task by Ed Poon (something of an ass) who said loudly for the benefit of the room "what are you supposed to be Taffy? an incompetent office aide?"
This got the whole room roaring and set the tone of the mood for the rest of the fiesta. For awhile my ears were steaming but I consoled myself with some sugar cookies that were shaped like jack-o-lanterns. (They are currently resting on top of the sea-sludge). The scariest thing of all, no surprise, was the conversation. Man, my co-workers are real effing dumb. (no offense!). The best part of all this was the different ideas for songs that it gave me ideas for songs. Another way to say it is: Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. um Taffy, this is Tammy. Please tell me you're not doing this on your work computer.

    ReplyDelete