Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Burritos Were His Muse: Tuesday!

I woke up this morning, like I do most mornings. Swimming in the forefront of my consciousness was the thought of a burrito, slathered with tapatilo sauce and squirting out cheese like so many gooey rainbits. Long-time readers of this blog are well aquainted with the notion that a burrito is among my favorite group of foods, if not the favorite group. I don't believe that I can name a day - even when i was in county lock-up last month - where a burrito did not enter me. And that's a fact.

I keep hearing about this slow, local food movement but I don't know of anything slower or more local than buying a carton of microwave burritos at the plaid pantry down on the corner. I mean, think about it: I am contributing to the local economy and paying for the salaries of the burrito-makers, the burrito-packagers, and the man who drove the truck to bring them to my mouth. That's a lot of people I'm paying for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment