Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday: Love Arrives Again Like a Whinnying Horse

Ah, my heart, how it doth ache and thump and pittery-pat-pat inside my skull! It is partially due the glorious sunburstin' weather which is what I really respond to in a huge way but also the receptionist, let's call her 'Nessa, who I have fallen for in a gargantuan and mammoth sort of way. She is my rainbow, my wet hug in the water. I've spent all weekend, head reeling, because of what happened on Friday, which was this: I entered the breakroom and she was standing at the microwave oven, heating up what I later learned was a Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl (note: freaking delicious!). I was just sitting there staring at her back and she wasn't yet acknowledging me. So I coughed and murmured, "How's the weekend looking? Cause mine's wide open". She turned and looked me up and down and said with a glowing smile "you're too light in your loafers for me". Can you believe it! She thinks that her darkness would bring me down!!? Unreal. At that moment I was smitten, like a flea-bit gutter cat who comes across a tin of tuna in the dumpster. Alive, my blog reading friends, alive!!

I let her eat a couple bites and then I left the room. I could not stop thinking about her this weekend! Oh sweet 'Nessa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment