Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Angel Breath, pt 2 (wherein the artist explains)

Okay so I will go ahead and admit that there is the teeniest sliver of unscrutability in my previous post. I get that. The hummingbird burrito probably threw you. (note to self: possible song title: hummingbird burrito) and you most likely require the artist to lay out all the specific strands that go into weaving this ornate sweater he is now wearing. I get that too. You're thinking I can't even see the sweater but let me promise something to you: there is a sweater.This is part of the artist being here and alive and right here in this moment.

You probably remember my post some weeks back, right? It was a post about my sometimes loud neighbor Ron Mealman (or "Fat Ron" as he prefers). We ran into one another inside a laundromat. It was a juncture wherein I for the first time loudly and unapologetically shrieked the triumphantness of my adopted nomenclature: Sunburst.
It is a very good post and you should reread it because it will provide you with so much understanding about the person I am trying so hard to be. Here is a link to that post. Now are you getting this thing people??

No comments:

Post a Comment