Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday: Hot Wind Blastin'!

Man, when you walk outside you can feel it: an electrical blast of hot wind, hitting you smack in the face, like the slap of a walrus on his ample belly or the belch of a lion after he's been masticating an antelope steak with a side of baby giraffe. This is what happens when the indian summer arrives. In short, I have been consumed on this day by hot wind, a-rumblin' and a-tumblin' out of my sides. (note: if you can't tell, there is a song in progress and I have just beta-tested the lyrics on you! ha!) ha!

Things are slowly resuming the contours of their previous shapes as far as my life gets concerned. I was at the library yesterday (as I am right now!) using their computer and going on craigslist (which was slightly complicated since they block it at the library, along with some of my favorite sites) and I found a nice couple who was giving their couch away. I went and looked at it and they were up front with me and said that their dog had vomited all over the cushions the previous day and some of the vomit had seeped and soaked down into the seams but that they had cleaned it all up as best they could and now they wanted to pay it forward and give the couch away for free. Sold!! They drove it over and helped me get it inside. I offered them some beers and/or a microwave taco but they claimed to have appointment at the urologist so they couldn't stay. It was a little musty and dirty but once I through a blanket over the couch it became the new home of my head at night: where I sleep!

And those hot winds kept a-blowin'!!!!!

1 comment: